Here at Jeff Air, we pride ourselves on our quality flight school experience. We have helped many people achieve their goals whether it be a private pilots license, a commercial license, or even just a simple discovery flight. We pride ourselves on our outstanding 96% satisfaction rate. So when you learn to fly, choose Jeff Air, Indy’s premier flight school.
Discovery FlightA great way to experience flying.
- Experience a 30 minute flight to Discover the thrill of flight. One to three people can fly with one if our Certified Flight Instructors for an introductory flight lesson. You may be hooked!
- $99.00 plus sales tax for one person. (plus a 1% airport fee, Greenwood only)
- *Add $20.00 for each additional person, up to three people total can go.
- *Limit one Discovery Flight per person.
Private Pilots LicenseTake to the skies!
- The Private Pilots License requires, per the FAA, a minimum of 40 hours of flight experience, of which 20 hours minimum must be with a Certified Flight Instructor (CFI). At Jeff Air Pilot Services, a realistic expectation is about 55 hours of flight time and about 30 hours with a CFI. The national average is reported at about 60 hours of flight time.
- At Jeff Air Pilot Services, we generally start most students in a Cessna 172 which cost $135.00 per hour plus tax and a 1% airport fee (Greenwood only) to rent. Our Instructor rate is $50.00 per hour. To simply reach the minimum required flight time with our Cessna 172, it will cost $5400; add the cost of $1000.00 to spend the minimum time with the instructor, and you will spend $6400. That is ONLY to reach the minimum time.
Ground SchoolsStart on the ground level.
- Looking to get a grounded foundation in your aviation skills? Jeff Air has the solution to make your high-flying dream a reality. We offer both a private pilot ground course as well as a course for those looking to become certified instructors. Start your path to a better altittude with Jeff Air Ground Schools.
Earned my private pilot single engine land with Dennis Rumley at Jeff Air. What an awesome experience to work with him and the entire staff. Friendly and more than happy to work with whatever schedule you have. Working on IFR with the team there now.Jeremy Bennington
Tom is the best in his field and an Excellent pilot He is an honest businessman, and knows this service well. I would highly recommend his company for your next flight needs.Carl Rose